About USA Summer Camp What is Summer Camp? Camp Activities Types of Job Different Types of Camp Typical Day at Camp Pricing Log In Apply Now Contact Us
Need Help Filing Your Tax Return?
Call now +44 (0)121 411 9165

How to File For a Tax Return

Need Help Filing Your Tax Return?

Tax Return

If you have worked over in America on the J1-program, you’re legally obliged to file a tax return for the year. This is a new law that came in as of 2018 and something every Camp Counselor has to complete after their summer in America.

To file your US tax return, you’ll need your W-2 form. This is a summary of the wages and tax you paid during the summer. If you have not yet received your W-2 form, make sure to contact your camp.

To get the process started, we recommend Sprintax.com. It is a US tax software specifically for US non-residents and designed to help J1 participants ensure they file a correct US tax return as part of your Visa obligations.

How to Get Started

Sprintax provides a simple and easy tax return. To get started, you need to:


To be able to complete the information required by Sprintax, you will need:


Sprintax will provide you instructions, forms and the correct address to which you would need to send your tax return. If you need to prepare a State Tax return, Spintax can help with that too! Still got questions? Give the office a call or use the live chat function on Sprintax to get help from their customer service team.

Does Everyone Need to File a Tax Return?

Yes! Even if you didn’t pay any tax, it is still a legal requirement to file a tax declaration.