We'll provide your J1 visa in order for you to work in America.
Call now +44 (0)121 411 9165

J1 Visa Information

We'll provide your J1 visa in order for you to work in America.

Your J1 Visa

USA Summer Camp will provide applicants with the necessary paperwork in order to apply for a J1 visa.  We work with a visa sponsor designated by the US State Department to provide participants with the DS-2019 form (Certificate of Eligibility) and SEVIS Receipt which are required for your visa.

We will provide you with all of the instructions and guidebooks you need on how to apply for your visa, booking your Embassy Appointment and completing any necessary paperwork before your visa appointment at the U.S Embassy.

Everyone who wants to work at a Summer Camp needs to have a visa so that they can work. Once your work ends at camp, you get an extra 30 days to stay and travel too!


Embassy Appointments

You’ll be required to attend a face-to-face visa interview at one of the local US Embassies in order to secure your J1 visa. In the UK, this will either be at the U.S Embassy in London or Belfast. In Ireland, this will be the U.S Embassy in Dublin.  All other countries we operate in will be able to attend an interview at their local U.S Consulate or U.S Embassy.

A visa interview can sound a little daunting. With our support and instructions, you’ll find the whole process really simple. If you are prepared with your paperwork in hand, your appointment should be a breeze!

The duration for this appointment varies a little bit but usually, they only take an hour or two.  The U.S Embassy will then keep your documents and passport for up to 10 days while they stamp your new, exciting visa into your passport!

We’ll let you know when embassy appointments have opened up and when you should book yours.


Cultural Exchange

As per the J1 exchange visitors website, this camp program is to “share their culture and ideas with the people of the United States in camp settings throughout the country”. The J1 visa is a visitor exchange visa. This allows people like you to come and work in the states and share your culture while learning more about the American culture too!


USA Passport Holders

Have you got an American passport? Amazing! In that case, you won’t need a J1 visa but you do need a job!  We’ll get you a top paid position at camp, without the need for you to visit the U.S Embassy or get a visa. USA Summer Camp has advice, high paying jobs and can help you get your summer in America sorted.