2.2 The following words We use on this site have the meanings set out below:
a. “Content” means any material You post on the Website including any personal data, text, documents, photographs and/or video clips
b. “Our”, “Us”, “We” means USA Summer Camp Limited and/or any parent, subsidiary or sister company of USA Summer Camp Limited
c. “Website” means any websites which We own and operate from time to time
d. “You”, “Your”, “Yourself” means well, you obviously.
4.1 In order to access any of the services and functions of the Website and to post Content on the Website, You will need to create a user account. You must make sure that all information You provide to Us when setting up Your account is true, complete and not misleading in any way. You must also tell Us as soon as possible if any of Your details change by updating Your account details.
5.1 You must make sure that You own all of the rights (including the copyright) in any Content which You post on the Website or alternatively, if any third party owns any rights in the Content which You post, that You have their written consent to post that Content on the Website.
5.2 As it says in paragraph 6.2, We have the final say as to whether or not any Content is allowed on the Website.
5.3 By registering on the Website and by posting Content on the Website, You are granting Us (together with any other entity who may assume responsibility for the operation of the Website in the future) a worldwide, non-exclusive and royalty free licence to use, host on the Website, reproduce, display and distribute that Content for the purposes of making the Website available to other users and for promoting the Website generally.
6.1 There is certain Content which We don’t want You to post on the Website as there is enough of it out there on the web already. Such Content includes anything which:
a. is illegal, pornographic, offensive, defamatory or libellous;
b. infringes the rights of any third party;
c. fails to comply with any applicable laws or legislation;
d. is untrue or misleading;
e. encourages others to do something which is illegal, dangerous or harmful;
f. contains any virus, Trojan horse, robot, spider, worm or other malware or any computer programme designed to bombard other users with spam;
g. is an advert for any business or any other commercial venture;
h. which constitutes any solicitation for funds; advertising or solicitation for goods or services ; and/or
i. any content calculated to harm Us in any way or to harm the community in any way.
6.2 We have the final say on whether or not Your Content is allowed on the Website and We can remove Content at any time and for any reason. We won’t have any liability to You for any loss or damage which You might suffer because We have removed Content from the Website which has been posted by You.
7.1 If You have a complaint about any Content which is posted on the Website You can tell Us.
7.2 If We agree with Your complaint then We will remove the Content in question from the Website. Please note that this is all We can do and You acknowledge We aren’t responsible for any Content posted by Our users – if You are that upset that You want to sue someone then You will have to sue the user who posted the Content directly at Your own expense. There are only limited circumstances in which We can give You the contact details of other users (other than any contact details which they have chosen to publicly post on the Website).
7.3 We don’t want to spend all of Our time dealing with malicious or spurious complaints so take care before making any formal complaint to Us. If You keep making complaints which turn out to be unjustified then We may take the decision to ban you from the Website as it’s obviously not for You.
8.1 Things sometimes go wrong so the following disclaimers apply to Your use of the Website:
(a) We don’t guarantee that the Website will always be available. We may temporarily suspend it (usually to carry out maintenance work) or permanently close it down at any time without notice if We feel like it;
(b) Whilst We will try and make sure that there aren’t any viruses or the like within the Website, We can’t guarantee this nor can We guarantee that someone won’t try to access Your computer via the Website. Make sure that any hardware and software You use to access the internet is protected by up to date firewalls and virus protection
(c) We don’t routinely vet or verify Content which is posted by users. Accordingly, We can’t guarantee that any material You view on the Website is completely true, accurate or error free. Likewise, if You follow any instructions or suggestions contained in any Content and something goes wrong, that’s not Our fault. If You notice a mistake in any materials for which We are responsible, please let Us know and We will do Our best to correct it as soon as We can;
(d) the views expressed in Content posted by other users are the personal views of those users and don’t necessarily represent Our views;
(e) We are based in the United Kingdom and accordingly, We cannot guarantee that accessing the Website from outside of the UK is legal;
(f) We have an office in Ireland and operate in other European countries.
(g) We will not be liable to You if an unauthorised person works out how to circumvent our security features and manages to access data which You don’t want them to see;
(h) We will not be liable to You for any failure or delay in doing something where that failure or delay is caused by circumstances beyond Our reasonable control. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, Our offices burning down or flooding, bad weather, terrorist attacks or acts of God; and
(i) the Website contains links to other websites which aren’t owned or operated by Us and We are not responsible for them or for any information you give them
9.1 You acknowledge and agree with Us that all copyright, trade marks and any other rights in the Website (including in Our name, the design of the Website, its text and graphics and all software and source code underlying the Website) belong to Us or Our third party licensors and shall at all times remain vested in Us or Our third party licensors (as appropriate).
9.2 You are only allowed to print and copy parts of the Website to the extent necessary to enable You to access and use the Website for the purposes intended by Us. If You want to use any materials which belong to Us for any other purpose then You must obtain Our prior written consent.
9.3 Generally, We are happy for You to post links to the Website on other websites provided that the other website doesn’t contain content which We wouldn’t allow on Our Website -if any of the content of the other website would breach paragraph 6.1 if it was posted on the Website then We don’t want it.
11.1 This is how We limit Our liability to You:
(a) We’re responsible for anything which We can’t legally limit or exclude Our liability for. For example, In England, this includes Our liability for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or for any fraudulent misrepresentation.
(i) loss of business, use, profit, anticipated profits, contracts, revenue, anticipated revenue, goodwill, savings, anticipated savings, data, and/or use of data;
(ii) damage to or loss of any hardware and software used by You to access and use the Website;
(iii) damage to Your reputation; and/or
(iv) any consequential or special loss or damage.?These exclusions apply even if You told Us that You might incur such loss or damage or thinking about it, We ought to have known that You might.
12.1 Any Content which You post on the Website will be publicly available to potentially the whole of the world so don’t post anything which You want to keep a secret. We do provide a facility for You to limit access to Content to particular people We can’t guarantee that that facility will always be working or that someone won’t work out how to get around any restrictions You impose.
13.4 If We need to serve a formal notice on You for any reason then We will use one of the addresses or numbers which You provided to Us as part of the registration process (usually, We will use Your email address unless there is some legal reason why We have to use another means of communication). Provided that We type the address correctly (and in the case of notices sent by post, pay for first class registered delivery or delivery by international courier if sent overseas), any such notice will be deemed to have been received by You two days after We send it (or five days after We send it in the case of postal notices sent overseas). For this reason, it is very important that You make sure that the contact details You have supplied to Us are kept up to date.
13.5 If You need to serve any formal notice on Us for any reason then please use the following address: York House, 38 Great Charles Street Queensway, Birmingham, B3 3JY,United Kingdom.Provided that You have typed the address correctly (and in the case of notices sent by post, You have paid for first class registered delivery or delivery by international courier if sent from overseas) notices will be deemed to have been received by Us two days after sending (or five days after sending in the case of postal notices sent from overseas).
3.8 Your use of the Website doesn’t create any sort of legal relationship between the two of us other than one of independent parties to a contract. Only Our properly authorised officers can speak on its behalf, enter into binding arrangements on its behalf or otherwise incur liability on its behalf.
14.2 By using or visiting the Website and/or registering on the Website You have agreed to not commence any argument or potential court action in any jurisdiction other than that of England & Wales.
1. Your service from USA Summer Camp begins immediately after your deposit payment is paid. Your online profile is available to be completed and your National Support Team member is available to interview you face to face.
2. All fees are non-refundable and because the service provided by USA Summer Camp starts immediately after you pay your deposit, both the 14 day cooling off period and/or chargeback schemes are not valid for USA Summer Camp programs.
3. If your application was rolled over from the 2021 season there is no refund if you cancel from the program.
4. If you cancel after you have been interviewed prior to your acceptance to the program, the application fee and any late fees are non-refundable. The full acceptance fee, if already paid, will be refunded. Written cancellation notification must be received within 10 days of cancelling to qualify for a refund.
5. If you change any information on your application after acceptance to the program that USASC/CCUSA determines will adversely affect your placement possibilities, USASC/CCUSA reserves the right to withdraw your application from the program; in this case there is no refund of any fees. This includes information you post in your application documents as well as any information that you post on the internet or social media.
6. If you post anything inappropriate on the internet or social media or break any of the camp, state or federal rules during your camp program (including time off), USASC/CCUSA reserves the right to cancel you from the program without any refunds (please see Early Departures for more details).
7. Applicants who continually fail to respond to USASC/CCUSA are indicating to us that they are no longer interested in the program and will have their application cancelled after one warning and they will forfeit all fees paid to USASC/CCUSA.
8. Fees incurred for obtaining your criminal background check, medical examination and visa processing and any other third-party services are non-refundable in most cases and USASC/CCUSA is not responsible for any refunds of these fees.
9. The US$35 SEVIS fee, if paid by CCUSA at the time of your cancellation, will be deducted from any refund owed to you. If you are not owed a refund and the SEVIS fee has been paid by CCUSA on your behalf, you will owe CCUSA US$35 for the SEVIS fee.
10. If you cancel from the program (for any reason) once you are placed and your international flight has been booked by USASC/CCUSA, you will be responsible for all flight cancellation fees as imposed by the airlines. You will also be charge for any outstanding fees owe to USASC.
11. If you are not placed by 30th June 2022 you will be cancelled from the program. Upon the return of your DS2019 form to USASC you will receive a full refund of the fees paid to USASC/CCUSA (less a £49 Administrative Fee), as long as you fulfilled your obligations on this agreement. In this event, refunding the program fees is the limit of USASC and CCUSA’s responsibility, as damages for non-participation are impossible to calculate. You will only be eligible for this refund if you have completed all aspects of your online profile, completed all paperwork such as references, passport, etc. not turned down a camp placement during your time with USA Summer Camp and successfully attended your US Embassy appointment and obtained your J1 Visa.
12. If you have been placed and your camp rescinds your job offer, USASC/CCUSA will offer you other opportunities and replace you at another camp (this applies for Returnees as well). Not accepting a replacement offered to you will mean we have to cancel you from the program without a refund.
13. In the event the U.S Government rejects your visa application in your home country, or suspends appointments in your home country, the fees paid to USASC/CCUSA are non-refundable. USASC/CCUSA strongly advises you to apply for your J-1 visa only in your country of citizenship. Visa applications made in a country where the applicant is not a citizen or permanent legal resident may face higher risk of visa denial. The U.S. Government requires additional documentation if you apply for your visa outside your home country. USASC/CCUSA cannot be held liable for visa rejections.
14. Turning down an offer of placement, or not responding to camps who wish to speak to you (other than through the camp not matching the preferences or availability listed on your application) negates the terms of not being placed and our fees will be non-refundable.
15. If you have not attended your visa interview at least 15 days prior to your date of availability or if the U.S. Government does not issue your visa in time to arrive at camp by your start date as listed on your online Footprints account, your participation in the program will be cancelled and no refund will be given. You will be responsible for the full flight fees as imposed by the airlines as well as any outstanding fees owed to USASC.
16. In case of cancellation of your application by USASC/CCUSA due to unforeseen circumstances (natural disasters, pandemics, epidemics, emergencies, Presidential Proclamations or Executive Orders), fees paid to USASC/CCUSA will not be refunded. However, 40% of the total fee due (if paid and not including SEVIS, travel, visa fees) to USASC/CCUSA can be used as a credit for any USASC program when used within 12 months of cancellation.